christmas uh oh HELP!
Our 13 week old new mini American esky puppy got into a christmas cookie, and now she is puking up foam over about 12 hours she's resting and doesn't want to drink water.
I caught her a little more than half way getting through the darn chocolate & p/b christmas cookie what is the best thing I can do for her right now? HELP and thank you so much
It's surprising how many 'normal' and seemingly harmless human foods can be toxic to dogs. Chocolate is one of them, and it can cause serious problems if a dog ingests it.
As your dog is vomiting, it would seem that he has managed to eat enough of it to cause upset. Vomiting is helpful as it will get some of the toxin out of his system, but I would definitely recommend seeking veterinary help. More advanced symptoms can be much more serious.
You can find out more about foods that are toxic to dogs, and find the Animal Poison Control Center Hotline on my Poisonous Foods page. There's also tips and advice on what to do if your pet ingests something dangerous on my Dog Poisoning page .
Best of luck, hope your dog recovers well.
Click here to post comments.
Return to Puppy Questions.