My 5 month old cocker spaniel puppy ate the comfort gel off of a cpap mask. Should I worry?
As the title states, I left my puppy with my father so I could go to work, and lo and behold, he got into my moms' Cpap mask.
He ate the comfort gel. It's not there any more and I haven't found any vomit puddles. Should I worry?
I'm not sure what the gel on this type of product is made from, but I'm fairly sure it's not good for your puppy! I'd recommend calling your vet or the local Poison Control Hotline and asking their advice.
If your pup chewed it up well, and it doesn't contain toxic substances, chances are it will 'come out the other end' without too much trouble. However, I don't know whether it's toxic or not so I wouldn't advise taking a 'wait and see' attitude to this. Get a professional opinion.
You can find the number for the Poison Control on my Dog Poisoning page, plus other tips and advice on what to do if your dog has eaten something toxic.
I wish you the best of luck and hope your pup has no serious ill-effects from his dietary indiscretion!
Click here to post comments.
Return to Puppy Health Problems.