puppy given liquid wormer making choking sound
my puppy was given liquid wormer making choking sounds..
I'm not sure if you gave this to him, or your veterinarian did, or how long ago.... it's possible he inhaled a little bit of the liquid instead of swallowing it, that could make him cough and choke.
If it was just a drop and he's back to normal quickly, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Probably won't cause any real harm. But, if he keeps acting this way, or sounds congested, is coughing or seems sick in any way get him examined by your vet.
If a pup inhales fluid into his lungs he can go on to develop pneumonia which needs to be treated with antibiotics promptly. So it's always better to be safe than sorry.
Best of luck with your pup, hope he's doing find soon.