My 12 wk old pitbull puppy has a swollen right lip. She does not want me touching it. I have given her benadryl every 4 hours and the swelling has not gone down.
She did not eat for awhile after I noticed it, but now she is eating and playing fine. I noticed she was chewing on a crab leg the day before. do I need to take her to the vet bc of the sensitivity? don't know if it is allergic reaction or if she was bit by something.
made me feel better that she is eating and playing, but she whines. I know it hurts her. please help!!!
It could well be a sensitive/allergic reaction to the crab. Did you notice if any other areas of her lips, mouth, tongue etc. were swollen? If so, allergies would be my guess and Benadryl was a good call. However, as it hasn't relieved the problem, she needs to be seen by a vet to rule out any other causes.
These could include being nipped/cut by the crab, leading to infection/irritation. Or it could be something totally unrelated to the crab!
As it's causing her pain and is still swollen, I definitely think a trip to the vet is needed, soon.
Best of luck, hope she's feeling better soon.
Click here to post comments.
Return to Puppy Questions.